WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
WHICH CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE PROCESS?
WHERE DO WE GET YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
HOW WILL WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS TO PRIVACY?
You have privacy rights in relation to the information we collect about you. By filling out our contact form, you can opt out of third-party sharing; object to or limit our use of your personal information; delete, change, or correct your personal information; or access your personal information. If your inquiry is about an Eximius BPO service account or support for Eximius BPO products or services, please visit the Contact Eximius BPO page for resources and contact information.
- Visitors and users of the various Eximius BPO sites, including our websites on eximiusbpo.com, computer and
- Eximius BPO event attendees, such as Eximius-sponsored events or activities;
- Customers and prospects, as well as their representatives
- Eximius BPO publications and newsletter subscribers
- Eximius BPO facility visitors; and
- Suppliers, business partners, and representatives
Eximius BPO customers may collect personal information
Customers who use Eximius BPO products or services to process their personal information
are responsible for their own personal information collection and processing practices. You are encouraged
about how our customers use personal information about you. If you have any further questions about how that
company uses information about you, please contact them directly.
Eximius BPO processes personal information in order
to provide Cloud, Technical Support, Consulting, ACS, and other services to Eximius BPO
Personal information processed by Eximius BPO on behalf of a customer in order to provide
and perform contracted services is referred to as “services personal information.” If you are an Eximius BPO
customer and Eximius BPO is processing personal information on your behalf, please refer to the Services
on how Eximius BPO processes
services personal information.
Eximius BPO has no control over the personal information you provide on
When using our websites, you can also link or connect to non-Eximius
BPO websites, services, social networks, applications, or other features. Enabling these features will
result in information about you being processed by parties other than Eximius BPO. Eximius BPO has no
control over the features of third parties. We recommend that you read the privacy policies of these third
parties before using these features.
III. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
IV. WHICH CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE PROCESS?
Eximius BPO may process information about you that it has collected directly from you both offline and online, such as when you create an Eximius BPO account to access Eximius BPO products and services or when you attend an Eximius BPO-sponsored event. Eximius BPO may also receive information about you from selected third-party sources, such as data aggregators who may not have a direct relationship with you, or from third parties who collect information about you on Eximius BPO’s behalf, such as when you download an Eximius BPO whitepaper.
Eximius BPO may collect and process the following information about you based on your interaction with Eximius BPO:
- Name and Email Addresses
- When linked to personal information that identifies you, demographic characteristics
- Photographs of yourself and testimonials
- Transactional data, such as ordered products and services, financial information, and payment methods
- Company data, such as the name, size, and location of the company for which you work, as well as your role within the company, as well as publicly available company information and activity related to company data
- Data from Eximius BPO surveys or surveys conducted on its behalf by third parties, and publicly available information, such as social media posts
- Data from call recordings and chat transcripts from sales and customer service calls, as well as live chat sessions or interviews
- Unique identifiers, such as your mobile device’s identifier or your browser’s cookie ID
- IP address and any information derived from it, such as geographic location
- Information about the device you use, such as the browser, device type, operating system, presence or absence of “apps,” screen resolution, and preferred language
- If you choose to enable location-based services from your device, certain location or geolocation information you provide directly or through automated means; and
- The internet-connected computer or device you use to interact with the sites’ behavioral data, such as advertisements clicked or viewed, sites and content areas, date and time of activities, or the web search used to locate and navigate to a site.
Please keep in mind that Eximius BPO has no control over the content you post to Eximius BPO Communities forums or social networks; such content may be publicly available on the Internet in some cases. You should carefully consider whether you want to submit personal information to these forums or social networks, as well as whether you want other users to be able to see your profile, and you should tailor any content you may submit accordingly.
V. WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
- To communicate with Eximius BPO and respond to your requests and inquiries;
- To set up and manage an Eximius BPO account, as well as to deliver functionality on our sites and manage their technical and functional aspects;
- To conduct business with customers, suppliers, and business partners, as well as to process orders for Eximius BPO products and services;
- To analyze, develop, improve, and optimize the usability, functionality, and performance of our websites, products, and services;
- To oversee the security and operation of our facilities, sites, networks, and systems; and
- To operate our business in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
- To manage Eximius BPO publication and newsletter subscriptions;
- To market our products and services or related products and services, as well as to tailor our marketing and sales activities to the interests of you or your company; and
- To provide Eximius BPO customers with select business-to-business services based on publicly available information about companies, which may include personal information such as the name of a company’s CEO.
- Eximius BPO will communicate with you and respond to your requests and inquiries.
When you contact us (for example, by filling out contact forms on our websites, contacting us via Eximius BPO Sales chat, attending Eximius BPO events or other occasions, sending an email, or visiting social media platforms), we process information about you in order to communicate with you and respond to your requests or other inquiries. We may also process your personal information in order to interact with you on third-party social networks.
- To establish an Eximius BPO account and deliver functionality on our sites, as well as to manage
their technical and functional aspects.
When you register with us (for example, to use our communities), we need to process the personal information you provide so that we can create an Eximius BPO account for you. Please keep in mind that this only applies to personal information under Eximius BPO’s control, not personal information processed on our customers’ behalf.
Transactions with customers, suppliers, and business partners, as well as processing purchases of
our products and services
If you place an order for our products and services, or if you provide services to Eximius BPO, our employees, customers, or partners as a supplier or business partner, Eximius BPO processes information about you in order to engage in and administer the relevant transactions (such as sending invoices and making payments), administer your order, and assist you in getting started with and adopting our products and services (e.g., by contacting you to activate your Cloud services credits). Eximius BPO uses information about you to confirm certain information about your order if you download products or services from our sites (for example, that you did not experience problems in the download process).
Analyze, develop, improve, and optimize the use, functionality, and performance of our websites,
products, and services
Eximius BPO may use personal information to analyze, develop, improve, and optimize the use, function, and performance of our sites, products, and services, including for quality assurance and training, as well as marketing and sales campaigns. This includes the processing of personal information in order to conduct surveys in order to improve Eximius BPO products and services. Eximius BPO may process personal information when moderating interactive discussions, creating a profile, posting comments, opportunities, or other content, communicating directly with another user, or otherwise engaging in networking activities on Eximius BPO sites.
To oversee the security of our facilities, sites, networks, and systems
We may collect site usage data for security and operations management purposes, such as helping to keep our sites, facilities, networks, and systems secure; or to investigate and prevent potential fraud, such as ad fraud and cyber-attacks; and to detect bots.
To operate our business in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
We must process personal information in some cases to comply with applicable laws and regulations. For example, to respond to a regulator’s request or to defend against a legal claim. We may also process personal information in the course of conducting internal audits and investigations, as well as for finance, accounting, archiving, and insurance purposes.
To manage Eximius BPO publication and newsletter subscriptions
We use information about you to manage your subscription (including renewals) and newsletters.
To market our products, services, events, or related products and services, as well as to tailor
marketing and sales efforts.
Eximius BPO may use your personal information to notify you about new product releases and service developments, events, alerts, updates, prices, terms, special offers, and related campaigns and promotions (including via newsletters). Eximius BPO may also use personal information to advertise Eximius BPO’s products and services or related products and services, as well as to notify our distributors, resellers, or partners about our products or services or their related products or services (such as via joint sales or product promotions). We make every effort to tailor your website visit, marketing experience, and communications to your stated interests. This can happen if you join an Eximius BPO community or program, such as the Eximius BPO Partner Network or Eximius BPO Technology Network.Eximius BPO may process information about you gathered in relation to the event and share information about your attendance with your company if you attend an event. Eximius BPO may also allow designated event partners or conference sponsors to send you up to two communications in connection with your event attendance. Please keep in mind that our conference partners or sponsors may directly request information about you at their conference booths or presentations, and their use of the information you provide to them will be subject to their privacy policies. We may also use your personal information to post testimonials on our websites, but we will first obtain your permission to do so.
To provide Eximius BPO customers with specific services based on publicly available information,
which may include personal information such as a company’s CEO’s name.
We may collect publicly available names of company directors and officials for some business-to-business services in order to better understand the status of these companies and to help inform our services that relate to providing customers with information about other companies.
VI. WHAT IS OUR REASON FOR PROCESSING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
- We rely on our legitimate interest in processing contact and related information about you in order to communicate with you and respond to your requests effectively.
- We need to process information about you as necessary to enter into or perform a contract with you in order to engage in transactions with customers, suppliers, and business partners, as well as to process purchases and downloads of our products and services.
- We process personal information for marketing and sales activities (including events) based on your consent where indicated on our sites at the time your personal information was collected, or as part of our legitimate interest to keep you up to date on developments relating to our products and services that may be of interest to you.
- We rely on legitimate interests to analyze, develop, improve, and optimize our sites, facilities, products, and services, as well as to keep our sites, networks, and systems secure.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as responding to a subpoena or other legal process, or to process an opt-out request.
VII. FOR HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We will retain information about you that we collect to engage in transactions with our customers, suppliers, and business partners, as well as to process purchases of our products and services, for the duration of the transaction or services period, or for as long as necessary for record retention and legal compliance purposes.
- If you have created an Eximius BPO Account in order to access Eximius BPO sites or sign up for Eximius BPO marketing materials, your account information will be kept for as long as your account is active. If you do not log in for 18 months, your account and information will be deleted. Eximius BPO retains deletion records for 90 days.
- If you opened an Eximius BPO account, your account information will be kept for as long as you keep your account active. Following service termination, only the most basic account information will be retained for record keeping purposes. Please note the Eximius BPO Privacy team cannot delete, correct, or access service account data or terminate your contracted Eximius BPO product or service account. Please refer to the Eximius BPO page for resources and contact information to administer service account data.
- Contact information collected online on our sites or offline from our interactions with you at Eximius BPO events and conferences and used for direct marketing and sales activities will be kept for as long as we have an active (customer) relationship with you. We consider you an active contact if (i) you have interacted with Eximius BPO or updated your contact information and preferences within the last 18 months, and (ii) you have not requested deletion.
- If you contacted us through our support line and did not opt out of call recording, we will delete call recordings 60 days after the call has ended, unless otherwise specified during the call.
- If you have previously visited an Eximius BPO facility, the personal information required to allow you to enter the facility will be retained for one year after your last visit for records retention purposes.
- Personal information required to maintain your opt-out preferences is kept for a period of 20 years (or longer as necessary to comply with applicable law).
If you have subscribed to our newsletters or blogs, your subscription data will be kept for as long as you are on our distribution lists. Eximius BPO retains deletion records for 30 days.
VIII. HOW WILL WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?Eximius BPO Collaboration Employees of Eximius BPO are only permitted to access personal information to the extent necessary to serve the applicable purpose(s) and perform their job functions. Collaboration with third parties For business purposes, we may share personal information with the following third parties:
- Third-party service providers (for example, credit card processing, analytics, event/campaign management, website management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other similar service providers) to perform business functions on Eximius BPO’s behalf;
- Third parties who may be affected by a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or a portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to government requests, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes, we will disclose as required by law.
- Eximius BPO distributors for additional follow-up on your interests, specific partners offering complementary products and services, or third parties to facilitate interest-based advertising; and
- Event partners or conference sponsors for Eximius BPO events such as when you scan your badge at a sponsored booth.
IX. WHAT PROTECTS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Eximius BPO has put in place appropriate technical, physical, and organizational safeguards to protect personal information from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, damage, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and all other types of unlawful processing.
X. WHAT COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES ARE USED ON OUR WEBSITES?
When do cookies and similar technologies come into play?
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that uniquely identify a browser on an Internet-connected device. When you visit Eximius BPO sites or non-Eximius BPO sites that host our plugins or tags, we place cookies in your browser. Before Eximius BPO places cookies on your browser, you may be presented with different consent options, including the option to reject all non-essential cookies, depending on your jurisdiction. The cookie preferences tool provides visitors from all jurisdictions with the ability to opt out of non-required cookies.
How do I change my cookie settings?
If you are a visitor to one of our websites, you can use our cookie preferences tool to disable cookies that are not required to enable core site functionality, such as advertising and functional cookies.
If you do not want to receive cookies, you can change the settings in your browser on your computer or other device that you use to access our services. Most browsers also enable you to review and delete cookies, including Eximius BPO cookies.
XI. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS TO PRIVACY?
You can exercise your privacy rights in accordance with applicable laws by filling out our inquiry form or visiting our Privacy Choices page. You have several privacy rights in relation to the information we process about you, subject to applicable law:
- Opt out of having your personal information used or shared by usYou have the right to revoke any consent you previously provided for the processing of information about you, including email marketing by Eximius BPO.
- Personal information should be removed.You can request that we erase or delete all or some of your personal information.
- Personal information should be changed or corrected.You can change some of your personal information. You can also request that we change, update, or correct information about you in certain circumstances, particularly if it is inaccurate.
- Oppose, limit, or restrict the use of personal informationYou have the right to request that we stop using all or some of the information we have about you (for example, if we have no legal right to continue using it) or limit our use of it (for example, if the information about you is inaccurate).
If you are authorized to request access or deletion on behalf of a data subject, please contact us using the inquiry form and indicate that you are an authorized agent. We will send you instructions on how to submit a request on behalf of a data subject as an authorized agent.
Please keep in mind that the Eximius BPO Privacy team cannot delete, correct, or access service account data or terminate your contracted Eximius BPO product or service account if your inquiry is about your company’s service account or support of Eximius BPO products or services. For resources and contact information to administer service account data, please visit the Contact Eximius BPO page.
XII. DO YOU COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA FROM CHILDREN?Personal information that is sensitive
We request that you not send us or share any sensitive personal information (for example, government-issued IDs, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, genetic, or biometric data, criminal background or trade union membership).The privacy of children
Eximius BPO’s sites are not directed to minors, and Eximius BPO does not promote or market its services to minors, except in very limited circumstances as part of specific educational outreach programs with parental permission. If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected personal information from a minor through our sites without their consent, please notify us via our inquiry form so that we can delete the information from our servers and make any other necessary corrections. Please also use this form to request the removal of content or information posted to our sites when the registered user was under the age of 16. Please keep in mind that such requests may not result in the complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as some of it may have been reposted by another user.
XIII. COMPLAINT FILING
XIV. EXIMIUS BPO SERVICES INC. OFFICE
Eximius BPO Services Inc. has an office at:
5/F, The 30th Corporate Center,
Meralco Ave.,Ugong, Pasig City
Tel: +(632)8634-6319, +(632)8638-9926, +(632)8638-9930